Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Little Miracle

So today, my best friend gave birth to a beautiful, healthy and only a couple of weeks early, baby boy.  Wee little Charlie has put his Mommy through the ringer (and his Daddy too), but he's here, he's healthy and he's 2 hours away from me.  Damn kid.

Were it not for work, 2 small and 1 large gorgeous faces to come home to, I'd be at that hospital right now stealing snuggle time from a very proud Daddy, exhausted Mommy and ridiculously excited big sister.  But, here I sit...itching to jump in the Yoda and head out there, gifts in tow.

Funny how when I talked to Charlie's Dad today, he kept asking me how I was doing...how my little one was treating me.  Dude, I'm fine!  I didn't just spew a watermelon out of places I wish I never knew about.  Then I realize...sh#t, I'm about to do that...again.

Ah, I can handle that.  I've done it twice before.  Once induced (Madison, true to character, took her sweet old time showing her face) and once at home, as a surprise urgent delivery, masterfully handled by my Paramedic husband (he may not be allowed to handle electricity, but that man can deliver my baby any day...just not November 8th because that is SO not happening again this time). 

My worries lie in what happens when "Wayne Gretzky" comes home.  The cat will be pissed...possibly quite literally the bastard, the dog will be defeated..."oh great, another one".  Madison will be a phenomenal help as she's already decided that she will be the one carrying her baby brother to his crib each night.  Sure, knock yourself out, babies bounce right?  Brayden...well, he'll have a love-hate relationship going on I think.  He's a sweet, sweet boy and will adore his baby brother, but will HATE that he will have to wait 2.2 seconds to get his chocolate milk now that I have to remember how to pour while balancing an infant in my arms.

As I do live in Canada, is 1 month too early for an infant to be pulled around by his siblings on a toboggan in white out conditions?  Thankfully we will be out of mosquito season by then so I don't have to worry about him being carried off by Deet-immune mutants...but then, there are the polar bears.  


For some odd reason, the thing that stays on my mind the most, is how on Earth I will manage to get 3 kids aged 5 and under to bed each night.  Short of duct taping them Red Green style to their beds, I guess I'll just have to figure that one out on the fly.

Now that I know little Charlie is here and he is safe, thanks to his amazing mother and father who endured I believe it was 8 weeks of bedrest and multiple trips to L&D...I swear that woman is a fighter far beyond anything X-tina could ever belt about...now that I know he's safe, little Wayne gets my full baby brain laden attention.  Just under 14 weeks to go...Jesus H Christ, do you have any idea how fast 14 weeks goes???  Well, 13 will fly by.  The final week will feel like a marathon at the end of the Lake Placid Ironman, right Kevin Conners?

Now I start trying to remember what babies need.  Crib?  Check.  Blankets?  Ridiculously checked.  Clothes?  Um...working on that one.  


We'll get there.  In 14 weeks, we'll be bringing home our own little miracle for the 3rd time.  Until then, I get to enjoy my time as a Mommy of 2 incredible little people who make me laugh, smile, melt and want to punch a brick wall every day.  Of course I don't...I don't think Tarion would cover that sort of damage.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment