Tuesday, February 11, 2014

People always tell me "I don't know how you do it".  3 kids, a home daycare, a custom cake business, husband, 3 pets...don't know how you do it. 

Truth is, I don't know either. 

And some days I don't "do it".  Some days I take a little longer in the washroom simply because the door is locked and I can.  Two year old kicking down the door or not, leave Mommy alone, she and the Frozen Free Fall game are having a moment.  Even if it's in the loo.

So you want to know the secret?  So do I.  There really isn't one.  Maybe that's the secret.  That we are all moms, just doing what we do to try to raise our kids in a way that won't break the bank with hours billed with a psychiatrist, even with health insurance.
Between trying to keep my daughter's heart from breaking, my daycare kids from breaking our house and my sons' spirits true to who they are, there really isn't much left for much else.  But you just keep going.  You have to, you're Mommy.
You're the maker of lunches, the creator of endless Hallowe'en costumes, an event planner and co-ordinator, doctor, nurse, warrior, moulder of innocent minds, monster vanquisher, spider relocator and the accountant that somehow figures out how to find room in the budget for gymnastics, soccer, Brownies and every other thing that crosses your kids' minds.

Oh wait...budget...crap, maybe that's where I went wrong.  I don't have one of those.  But I digress.

The point is, no-one knows how Moms do it, including Moms.  You look at "that" Mom you know...the one who's got it all together, the one you envy and hate all at the same time...and honey, you have no clue.  She's just as bat-shit crazy as you are.

This Mom is lucky, as are many others I know.  I've got an amazing Dad helping me on this journey.  And I have no idea where it's leading us, but I do know that...

...wait, Olaf's calling.  Apparently I've got a new set of lives...I've gotta hit the loo.

No comments:

Post a Comment