Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Baby Boom

I can't help myself.  It's everywhere.  THEY'RE everywhere.

Babies.  I can't get away from them.  My childhood friend just had her first, a beautiful boy named Blake.  My very good friend and former foe on the fields of green has a wonderful 6 month old boy named Ty.  My best friend and kindred soul is miraculously expecting her 2nd child later this Summer (and I do mean miraculously...not immaculate conception, but if you were to hear the back story, you'd understand).  Old classmates are eagerly awaiting their first or second additions to their families.  Don't even get me started on Selma Blair, Natalie Portman and Jewel.

I look at my two children and think "how could I NOT want another one?".  Then I look at my two children and think "how the HELL could I want another one?".

My children are the light of my life, the reason I get up every day and the best thing I've ever done.

They're also the ones who flip on the overhead lights, whine until I get up and the reason nothing in the house ever gets done.

There are days when I'd love to have another beautiful baby in the house...then I come back to reality and remember how nice it is when my friends take their babies home with them.  

Who needs the lottery?  I've got my million dollar family already.

2 comments: